Support Your Health Forum’s Mission by Donating or Purchasing a Book by the Author.
- Online website connecting members with stroke ambassadors and other community support and providing community support.
- Information and virtual and physical seminars about health and wellness to reduce the risk of future strokes (about 185,000 strokes a year are in people who have had a previous stroke).
- Updates on community events and seminars for stroke advocacy, education, and support.
- Community music therapy with the Backstrokes led by Anne Tillinghast (a Co-founder of the Northwest Brain Network) and Keith Parkhurst, musicians and stroke advocates.
With so many people at risk for strokes each year, families, including children and grandchildren, are faced with the adjustment that their loved may no longer be able to communicate or participate in the same way as before.
We are looking for Children’s Art that centers on Stroke Awareness and Advocacy. We would like to use the art in the information that we provide to patients that have been hospitalized for an acute stroke and to the community regarding the Northwest Brain Network. This art might be uplifting or convey a message of support for a person who is just beginning to grapple with the “new normal” and the uphill battle with recovery after stroke.
- As part of this contest, Your Health Forum encourages children to talk to a family member who may have had a stroke and learn about their story. When did it occur? What were the results of the stroke? How have they recovered? How did it shape their life?
- An art piece that shows stroke awareness, shares a message of hope, or communicates the message of what happens with a stroke.
How to Submit:
- Your Health Forum and Northwest Brain Network will be accepting art submissions from now until the end of September
- Art can be made using any media
- Age group 5-17 years old
- Send a high definition photo your artwork to us though firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: September 28th, 2020
- First Place selection will receive $250
- Second Place selection will receive $100
- Third Place selection will receive $50
- YHF will select several “Mentions” based on creativity and effort
- All participants will receive a certificate of participation
Consent to Submit and Use Photo of Art or Art:
- By submitting a photo of your art, the artist and their parent consents that the photo may be used for advertisement, literature, and other media outlets by Your Health Forum and The Northwest Brain Network.
- Any profits generated by the photo of the art will be used by the above companies toward their mission.
- The artist may be asked to provide the actual art piece for an exhibit or galler